This peanut butter recipe is super easy to do, and the taste is much better than the store bought kind. Peanut butter is a staple in my home, and I think my kids would have an absolute blast making their own, since I haven’t let them make this yet.
Summary: It’s very easy to make your own homemade peanut butter!
- 2 cups peanuts that are shelled and skinned (dry-roasted or raw)
- 1 to 5 drops peanut oil (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of honey (optional)
- Add the peanut oil and honey into the bowl of your food processor, then turn it on.
- Slowly pour the peanuts into the bowl. Blend the peanuts until smooth. When needed, you can scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure the peanuts are completely mixed. The longer you mix the peanuts, the more of their natural oils will be released and the creamier it will be.
- Store the peanut butter in the refrigerator, in an airtight container.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
My rating 5 stars: ★★★★★ 1 review(s)
If you find that your peanut butter is a bit stiff from being kept in the fridge, you can let it sit in a container of warm water to loosen it up, or nuke it in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
If you prefer to keep your peanut butter in the cupboard (and eat it up quickly before the nuts go rancid), you will find that the oils eventually separate, and will collect at the surface. It takes a fair amount of effort to mix it back in, but there is a much easier way. Simply rotate between storing your peanut butter upside down and right side up. Gravity will remix the oils back into the peanut butter for you.