Sweet potatoes are one of my absolute favorite vegetables to eat, so it just seemed natural that I would find a baked sweet potato recipe. This is one that my family enjoys as much as I do.
Well, not my youngest daughter, but she’s the poster child of a finicky eater…
It is important that you wash the sweet potatoes before you cook them. This will remove any dirt or bacteria that may be on the surface of them.
Summary: These baked sweet potato sticks or rounds are a wonderful side dish for steak or pork.
- 8 sweet potatoes, cut into 1/4″ rounds or wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (see alternatives in Notes below)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet (you can also use a pizza stone, but do not grease it).
- Combine the olive oil and paprika in a large bowl. Add sweet potato rounds or wedges, then use your hands to coat each piece with the oil/spice mixture.
- Transfer the potato pieces onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until done.
Alternatives to paprika:
- A mixture of garlic powder, chili powder, salt, and pepper (omit the chili powder if you don’t like spicy food)
- A mixture of basil, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 40 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8